Thursday, February 5, 2009

Shine MY Lyte! POEM 2/05/09

Ancestors'



  

I descend while blue sky darken  

As you ascend from dirt brown

Taking with you on this upward climb

The very essence of our existence

.......................................I Struggle


 

I descend with a stroke of wisdom

Knowing that the ink in this very able pen

Can mark out fiction and imagine science as a beginning

Understanding emptiness without conscious narratives

Comprehension engraved by your being

.................................................................I Strive

 

 

I descend when the hours are gone

Wishing minutes were malleable

In time I take hold realizing the legacy

Not on paper but within generations

Let not the measure of your character be gone

..........................................................I Strain

 

I descend respect towards your bones

Asking for guidance as you lead on

Rays of light inscribe your name

As clocks wait this moment 

I reach for "Kindred" and remember

.................................................I SEEK

Ancestors'

 

©2006 Tamika LaShelle 

"Kissed with Soul"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful sis. Love & Blessings! :)