Monday, January 5, 2015

I'm giving into the Light

So .... It's 2015... where has the time gone, truly. The past seven (7) years have been the most difficult I have ever encountered. Seven (7) being a complete cycle/circle I am truly ready to move onward and upward. I haven't really been one for resolution yet I am a big fan of reflection (sankofa really). As I reflect I'll do so here in this blog for myself and may others benefit as well.

This is a testimony of sorts.... I want to be accountable for what has transpired but more importantly I want to account for what is happening in the now.

In reflection I have over come

  • A Deadly Illness 
  • Homelessness
  • Joblessness
  • Depression
  • Physical Assault
All while raising a teen aged daughter that I had to fight the system and family to maintain guardianship over. I also completed another degree.  * side note: for me its not the degree or what it represents that is important but rather the process of learning and gaining knowledge of something new that is the draw. I truly enjoy the process of educating oneself... degree or no degree*


And although each of these things are very serious the triumph here is that I have accomplished so much by overcoming each and everyone of them. 




I feel very successful, by my own definition. Oh wait... feelings... I have to say the main take away from the past 3 or so years is that I have be honored with is awareness of my emotions. The iceberg reference means so much to me, it was ICONIC. Emotions, for me, are like the success iceberg. The work is letting more and more of the iceberg to be seen. In the past I was very stoic for several reasons, mainly because I thought that was how I was suppose to be. Turns out I get to be however I choose to be. Imagine that... I can be emotional and that is just fine. Choice has become one of my favorite parts of living in the NOW.

I have several aspirations most of which deals with being of service. I am truly looking forward to this new year and all the living I get to do within it.

Now, I get to work on consistency, discipline, focus and perseverance.  I get to transition into a career that I enjoy completely, ideally in DC government (Ombudsmanship, IOG or Strategic Policy Planner). I get to complete on another degree, MPA-IG from CUNY- John Jay College of Criminal Justice. I get to work diligently on myself mentally, physically and spiritually daily. Most importantly, to me, I get to live in each moment fully. This is a habit I am still forming, a work in progress. I think it will be a life long pursuit. One that is never ending and ever changing. NOW is such a present unwrapping it should take forever.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate you.

Breathe, Choose, Breathe again *repeat*

GO blessed with Peace!

Love is...TL

Music that is the lyte It's Working  (I KNOW I KNOW) William Murphy
Book that is the lyte Unbroken
Poem that is the lyte "I Am" Ella Wheeler Wilcox 
Visual Art that is the lyte Aaron Douglas The Creation


No comments: